East Brunswick Education Foundation760 Route 18East Brunswick, NJ 08816(732) 254-EBEF (3233)Due to continued pandemic restrictions, the EBEF was unable to hold its major fundraiser, the Annual Partner in Excellence Award and Alumni Hall of Fame Dinner and Ceremony as in previous years. The pandemic has not however stopped us from pursuing our mission of enhancing and enriching the curriculum. In lieu of the dinner, the EBEF has published a Celebrating Excellence journal to recognize the grants awarded to the many deserving teachers in the District as well as the efforts of all administrators, teachers and staff during these extraordinary times. Please click here to view the 2021-2021 journal.
Thank a Faculty/Staff Member - Give An EBEF Present with a Future.
The East Brunswick Education Foundation is an independent, non-profit corporation established in 1993 by parents, citizens and members of the local business community to support programs designed to enhance and enrich the curriculum in the East Brunswick Public Schools.The EBEF develops partnerships with local businesses. Community-wide events are sponsored by the Foundation. These efforts strengthen the ties between the schools, government, businesses, civic organizations and the residents of East Brunswick.Through its fundraising, the EBEF provides grants that enhance and enrich the curriculum in the East Brunswick Public School District. Below are some facts about the EBEF:
- Established in 1993 by local residents and businesses.
- Since 1993 the EBEF has raised over $2,000,000.
- In the EBEF's first year of operations, $1,500 in grants were distributed.
- Approximately $2,500,000 of grants have been distributed since 1993 while building an endowment fund of over $300,000.
- EBEF has no paid staff. Our organization is all volunteer with minimal administrative costs.
- Our grant process features a multi-level approval process. The process includes input from school administrators and professional educators.
- In addition to fundraising, the EBEF proactively seeks out grants and programs from major corporations and organizations to benefit East Brunswick schools. Without the EBEF, these grants and programs cannot be made directly to a public school and must be made to a 501(c)3 charity. Additionally, the EBEF helps to inform teachers of available grants as well as aiding in the complicated task of applying for corporate grants.
- EBEF grants funds for individual educational programs in East Brunswick's Public schools ranging from $25 to thousands every year. These grants fund amazing programs that may be outside the budget cycle or shouldn't be funded by taxes.
The East Brunswick Education Foundation is always looking for new members. We welcome all parents, concerned citizens, business leaders, teachers and administrators to volunteer.
Feel free to contact a member of the executive board or stop by a meeting. Meetings are held throughout the school year. Check out the schedule for meeting dates. All meetings take place in the Board of Education Public meeting room at 7:30 PM, 760 Route 18, East Brunswick, unless otherwise stated.