Please send any health updates throughout the school year so we can keep your child’s records up-to-date.
Log onto the Parent Portal and update emergency contact information. This is important in the event your child is sick and needs to be picked up.
Please send all medication with the "Medication in School" form which can be located HERE.
Health & Safety Reminders
As Flu season is upon us, here are a few reminders to keep you and your children healthy. We will be reinforcing good hygiene practices in school and hope that you can reinforce them at home.
- Flu symptoms can include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills, feeling tired and sometimes vomiting and diarrhea.
- Flu vaccination is recommended for everyone 6 months and older every year.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Wash your hands often.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Keep your child home from school for at least 24 hours after their fever is gone. (The fever should be gone without the use of a fever-reducing medicine.) A fever is defined as 100°F (37.8°C)* or higher.
When weather permits, students will be going outdoors for recess, snack time, and PE class as well as other times throughout the school day. Please be sure your child is prepared for outdoor activities. The following are a few guidelines:
- Appropriate clothing, including hat and sunglasses if desired
- Water bottle
- Sunscreen applied at home (staff is not permitted to apply sunscreen)
- Allergy medications should be administered as prescribed before coming to school
If your child benefits from additional allergy medications throughout the day such as eye drops, you should speak to their doctor and have them complete the "Medication in School" form. You can send the completed form and the medication to the nurse's office to be stored if needed.
In general, we are not able to accommodate specific requests for your child to remain indoors without a note from their doctor.
Please feel free to contact me at any time with questions and concerns.EMAIL- email@example.comOFFICE- 732-613-6813
Goals of School Nursing:
- Promote the optimal level of health for students and staff.
- Assist students to become increasingly responsible for their own health.
- Provide health education and health counseling for students, parents and
- Identify health problems and needs of students and make appropriate
- Provide direct health services as needed.
- Promote environmental health and safety within the school and during school
- Deliver a comprehensive program that conforms with state mandates.