East Brunswick Education Foundation760 Route 18East Brunswick, NJ 08816(732) 254-EBEF (3233)For Information on donating through Network for Good CLICK HERE.
Give an EBEF Present with a Future to recognize your favorite teachers/staff member during Staff Appreciation Week, May 8-12.
See Present with a Future form.The EBEF develops partnerships with local businesses. Community-wide events are sponsored by the Foundation. These efforts strengthen the ties between the schools, government, businesses, civic organizations and the residents of East Brunswick.Through its fundraising, the EBEF provides grants that enhance and enrich the curriculum in the East Brunswick Public School District. Below are some facts about the EBEF:
- Established in 1993 by local residents and businesses.
- Since 1993 the EBEF has raised over $3,000,000.
- In the EBEF's first year of operations, $1,500 in grants were distributed.
- Approximately $2,750,000 of grants have been distributed since 1993 while building an endowment fund of over $300,000.
- EBEF has no paid staff. Our organization is all volunteer with minimal administrative costs.
- Our grant process features a multi-level approval process. The process includes input from school administrators and professional educators.
- In addition to fundraising, the EBEF proactively seeks out grants and programs from major corporations and organizations to benefit East Brunswick schools. Without the EBEF, these grants and programs cannot be made directly to a public school and must be made to a 501(c)3 charity. Additionally, the EBEF helps to inform teachers of available grants as well as aiding in the complicated task of applying for corporate grants.
- EBEF grants funds for individual educational programs in East Brunswick's Public schools ranging from $25 to thousands every year. These grants fund amazing programs that may be outside the budget cycle or shouldn't be funded by taxes.
The East Brunswick Education Foundation is always looking for new members. We welcome all parents, concerned citizens, business leaders, teachers and administrators to volunteer.
Feel free to contact a member of the executive board or stop by a meeting. Meetings are held throughout the school year. Check out the schedule for meeting dates. All meetings take place in the Board of Education Public meeting room at 7:30 PM, 760 Route 18, East Brunswick, unless otherwise stated.