Churchill Jr. High School is joining with East Brunswick High School in asking students to volunteer their time through community service. The concept itself is certainly not new because over the years, in reviewing student activity sheets, I have seen the commitment made by our students. Upon completion of high school, students who participated in this project will have their community service listed on their official transcript that is sent to colleges for admission.
The number of hours required is fifteen(15). The Community Service Project will be open to all students in grades 9 - 12. Those students who are interested in volunteering their time are asked to pick up a Community Service Packet. They may pick this packet up from their guidance counselor or download from the link below.
The goals for the Community Service Project are:
· Develop a sense of citizenship
· Cultivate individual responsibility
· Cultivate a sense of social responsibility
· Build self worth and self esteem
· Bridge generation barriers
· Relate learning to life experience
· Encourage continuing community service after high school