Welcome to 8th Grade Science!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please had to canvas for up to date information about this class.
Materials Required for Science:
● three ring binder
● loose leaf paper
● metric ruler (30 cm)
● 10 plastic sleevesExpectations:
- Be respectful.
- Come to class prepared with all materials.
- Be on time and in your seat by the bell working on the Do Now.
- NO gum, candy, food, or drink in the classroom.
- Turn in work on time. Late work will be penalized.
- Treat computers and other technology with respect and only use when directed.
- Record down your assignments.
- Be alert and follow all safety rules during lab activities.
- Keep binder organized up to date.
- Keep work neat and legible.
Absences and Missed Work:
● If you miss class, it is YOUR responsibility to find out what work you missed.
● ALL work missed due to absence must be made up.
● Extra help is available all you need to do is ask.
● Work that is late for any reason other than an excused absence may be handed in late and will be penalized -20% per day late. Exception: If an assignment is reviewed in class or returned, you will not receive credit for that assignment.
Are you studying for a test?Try making questions and then answering them. These words will help you make higher level questions...
- All work is graded on a point system and weighted as follows:
45% - Tests and Quizzes
30% - Labs and Classwork
15% - Quarterly Exams
10% - Homework
Assess, Construct, Compare, Investigate, Cite Evidence, Formulate, Critique, Revise, Draw a conclusion, Explain using (topic) concepts, Develop an argument, Design, Connect, Apply a concept, Analyze, Prove