Met. Test-Quiz-Thingy in class on WEDNESDAY:
Topics: Clouds, Isobars, High/Low Pressure Systems, Air Masses and Fronts
Welcome to 8th Grade Science!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please sign up for Remind so you can be notified of any upcoming tests, quizzes or other important stuff. Click the link to sign up: REMIND or text @2f8ge to 81010.
Materials Required for Science:
● three ring binder
● loose leaf paper
● metric ruler (30 cm)
● 5 plastic sleevesExpectations:
- Be respectful.
- Come to class prepared with all materials.
- Be on time and in your seat by the bell working on the Do Now.
- NO gum, candy, food, or drink in the classroom.
- Turn in work on time. Late work will be penalized.
- Treat computers and other technology with respect and only use when directed.
- Record down your assignments.
- Be alert and follow all safety rules during lab activities.
- Keep binder organized up to date.
- Keep work neat and legible.
Absences and Missed Work:
● If you miss class, it is YOUR responsibility to find out what work you missed.
● ALL work missed due to absence must be made up.
● Extra help is available all you need to do is ask.
● Work that is late for any reason other than an excused absence may be handed in late and will be penalized 10% per day late. Work more than two days late will receive a zero grade, but you are still expected to complete it to ensure that you understand the concept. Exception: If an assignment is reviewed in class or returned, you will not receive credit for that assignment.
Are you studying for a test?Try making questions and then answering them. These words will help you make higher level questions...
- All work is graded on a point system and weighted as follows:
- tests and quizzes 45%
- class work and lab work 45%
- homework 10%
Assess, Construct, Compare, Investigate, Cite Evidence, Formulate, Critique, Revise, Draw a conclusion, Explain using (topic) concepts, Develop an argument, Design, Connect, Apply a concept, Analyze, Prove