Message From The Principal
Dear Chittick Families,
Welcome to Chittick Elementary School! We are so thrilled to have you as a part of our community of learners. Coming to Chittick means becoming a part of a group of staff, students, and parents who are focused on helping students to become their best. In order to achieve this goal, we provide our students with access to a well-developed, standards-based, and comprehensive curriculum. We also prioritize the development of social-emotional skills, and embed opportunities for students to learn and practice these skills in a supportive peer environment. We believe that when academics are combined with these essential skills, along with opportunities for exploration in physical play and the arts, students have a well-rounded educational experience that helps them to grow in many important ways.
This year, we will be celebrating a growth mindset with our school theme, “Ready, set, G.R.O.W.!” Each letter in G.R.O.W. will represent an important focus for our work as a school community:
- Give something new a try.
- We will emphasize the value in taking risks and building a bank of new and enriching experiences in helping us to grow.
- Resolve conflicts calmly.
- We will develop proactive methods to help students engage in respectful interactions while addressing common and unexpected conflicts across the day.
- Overcome challenges.
- We will assist students in setting goals and developing action steps for achieving goals, as well as approaching stumbling blocks with a positive attitude.
- Words are powerful.
- We will examine what we say and how we think in order to establish a positive growth mindset that embraces challenges and values effort.
We are all very excited to build this school theme into multiple facets of the school day, and to recognize students and staff members who are demonstrating each of these attributes.
At Chittick, we understand that parents play a critical role in the success of our students as individuals as well as the success of our school community. We encourage all parents to maintain involvement with the school throughout the year. Some great ways to get and stay involved include joining the Parent Teacher Association, volunteering for school events, serving as a classroom volunteer, and/or attending family activities. Parents are encouraged to support the school community in ways that suit their talents and schedules. Parents, students, and staff can all contribute to making Chittick the very best it can be.
Feel free to contact me with any questions, concerns, or ideas. Your input and feedback are welcomed and valued. I am looking forward to a fantastic year together!
Chittick School Principal