The Everyday Mathematics programs allows your child to have a realistic approach to problem solving in everyday situations, other applications, and purely mathematical contexts. Throughout the program your child will have frequent practice of basic skills through ongoing program routines and mathematical games.
Below you will find the overview of the topics addressed in kindergarten:
Counting and Cardinality:
- Know number names and the count sequence.
- Count to tell the number of objects.
- Compare numbers.
Operations and Algebraic Thinking:
- Understand addition as putting together and adding to, and understand subtraction as taking apart and taking from.
Number and Operations in Base Ten:
- Work with numbers 11-19 to gain foundations for place value.
Measurement and Data:
- Describe and compare measurable attributes.
- Classify objects and count the number of objects in each category
- Identify and describe shapes.
- Analyze, compare, create, and compose shapes.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
• Everyday Mathematic Books- I will be sending home a math book each quarter. This is excellent practice for your child to do while at home.
• Home Links- These activities are used to reinforce the skills practiced at school (You do not need to return the Home Links, these are for you to reinforce at home).