Our class behavior system helps enforce expected behavior* and appropriate choices. The students will start each day with their clip on “Ready to Learn.” If a student shows outstanding expected behavior, they will move up the clip chart. If a student does not follow the rules or shows unexpected behavior* they will move down the clip chart. As the day progresses, students have the opportunity to move their way back up the chart.
· Super Student: The student may move to this spot on the chart when they serve as a classroom leader, who models outstanding behavior.
· Great Job: The student may move to this spot on the chart when they continue to exceed classroom expectations.
· Good Choices: The student may move to this spot on the chart when they are recognized for making good choices.
· Ready to Learn: The student will remain on “Ready to Learn” when they follow the rules and display expected behavior.
· Think About It: The student may move to this spot on the chart to reflect on their behavior.
· Teacher’s Choice: If the student continues to show unexpected behavior, they may move to this spot on the chart. If they are still on this spot at the end of the day, they will complete a “think sheet.” This sheet will be sent home for parents/guardians to sign and should be returned to school the following day. Please continue to reinforce expected behavior at home.
· Parent Contact: The teacher will contact the parent.
As always, thank you for your support and help to ensure that the school year runs smoothly!
*Expected Behavior: things kids do or say that other kids think is friendly, helpful and respectful to others
*Unexpected Behavior: things kids do or say that other kids think is unfriendly, hurtful, or disrespectful to others