What supplies are recommended?
It is recommended that students have a binder, loose leaf, pencils and erasers. Numerous handouts will be given and a binder provides students a
chance to remain organized. Tests will only be graded if they are completed in pencil, so students should have plenty! Please be sure to also have a graphing calculator with you daily!
What is the grading policy for both Algebra 2 and Geometry?
Tests and Quizzes:
- Tests and quizzes will be announced at least two days in advance and will be written on the board.
- Assessments will be announced in advance as half or full period assessments.
- Reviews will always be given for tests and quizzes!
- Homework will be checked and given a grade of 0, 1, or 2. Full credit will be given if a solid, logical effort and work is shown.
- Homework is not accepted late, except if you are absent or if you speak with me.
- Students can always see me for help on homework in the morning!
- Class assignments will be randomly checked and graded, so always put your best effort into everything you do.
- Concept checks will help students prepare and study for major assessments.
- Concept checks will be graded and are printed on color paper. This will help students study!
All grades will be put into Genesis in a timely manner. Genesis is the best way to monitor your child's progress. Assessments will be handed back once all students have taken it.
How is homework graded?
Homework is graded on completeness, not correctness. If a student's homework is done and they show logical work, it will be graded as complete regardless of the answers. Homework will be checked daily and is worth two points a day.
Is extra credit given?
Extra credit is not given as per board policy. Students will be
given ample opportunities to improve their grades throughout the
marking periods through formal and informal assessments.
When can a student come for extra help?
Students are strongly encouraged to come for extra help whenever they need. Everyone has questions and during class or after school is a great time to ask them! Follow the "Extra Help" linklocated on the left hand scroll bar for more information and the extra help schedule.
What is the best way to contact Mrs. Centimole?
The best way to contact me is through email. I have numerous chances to check my email during the day so I will be able to respond as quickly as possible,whether that is through email or a phone call. The voice-mail system sometimeshas a delay and I can not check it as often. When sending an email, please include the best time and way to reach you.