1. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(1), “any matter which, by provision of federal law or State statute or rule of court shall be rendered confidential or excluded from the provisions of subsection a.” of N.J.S.A. 10:4-12, public meetings.
2. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(2), “any matter in which the release of information would impair a right to receive funds from the Government of the United States.”
3. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(3), “any material the disclosure of which constitutes an unwarranted invasion of individual privacy such as records, data, reports, recommendations, or other personal material of any educational, training, social service, medical, health, custodial, child protection, rehabilitation, legal defense, welfare, housing, relocation, insurance and similar program or institution operated by a public body pertaining to any specific individual admitted to or served by such institution or program, including but not limited to information relative to the individual’s personal and family circumstances, and any material pertaining to admission, discharge, treatment, progress or condition of any individual, unless the individual concerned (or, in the case of a minor or incompetent, his guardian) shall request in writing that the same be disclosed publicly.”4. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(4), “any collective bargaining agreement, or the terms and conditions which are proposed for inclusion in any collective bargaining agreement, including the negotiation of the terms and conditions thereof with employees or representatives of employees of the public body.”
5. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(5), “any matter involving the purchase, lease or acquisition of real property with public funds, the setting of banking rates or investment of public funds, where it could adversely affect the public interest if discussion of such matter were disclosed.”
6. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(6), “any tactics and techniques utilized in protecting the safety and property of the public, provided that their disclosure could impair such protection. Any investigations of violations or possible violations of the law.”
7. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(7), “any pending or anticipated litigation or contract negotiation other than in subsection b(4)” of N.J.S.A. 10:4-12 “in which the public body is, or may become a party. Any matters falling within the attorney-client privilege, to the extent that confidentiality is required in order for the attorney to exercise his ethical duties as a lawyer.”
8. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(8), “any matter involving the employment, appointment, termination of employment, terms and conditions of employment, evaluation of the performance of, promotion or discipline of any specific prospective public officer or employee or current public officer or employee employed or appointed by the public body, unless all individual employees or appointees whose rights could be adversely affected request in writing that such matter or matters be discussed at a public meeting.”
9. Pursuant to N.J.S.A. 10:4-12b(9), “any deliberation of a public body occurring after a public hearing that may result in the imposition of a specific civil penalty upon the responding party or the suspension or loss of a license or permit belonging to the responding party as a result of an act or omission for which the responding party bears responsibility.”