Fundations~~What is Fundations?
Drill Sounds Warm-UpLetter-Keyword-SoundEcho/Find LettersEcho/Find Letters and WordsEcho/Letter FormationSky Write/Letter FormationAlphabetical OrderIntroduce New ConceptsWord PlayGuess Which OneMake It FunDictation (Dry Erase or Composition Book)Student NotebookStory timeTrick WordsWord of the DayWord Talk
- Fundations is phonological/phonemic awareness, phonics and spelling program, which is a multi-sensory approach. It is a fabulous foundation for reading, spelling, and handwriting.
- Skills and tools are provided for a structured and sequential spelling/phonics program, which is incorporated into a thirty minute session each day.
- Some components of the program are:
- Students are taught to write using the following lines: sky line, plane line, grass line, and worm line. The children sky write, trace, and tap out words.
- Teachers model using the owl puppet, "Echo." The puppet directs students to repeat letters, key words, and sounds. "Baby Echo" joins in on the fun, too!
Letter formationPhonological and phonemic awarenessSound MasteryPhonicsVocabularyIrregular (trick) wordsFluencyComprehensionWritten CompositionFundations in action:
- Skill development includes: