Adult and Community Education programs provide a wide variety of educational opportunities for adults, including high school students.
Adult School is offered under the auspices of the Middlesex County Adult Education Consortium. Programs available include: evening High School Equivalency (HSE) Prep, evening English as a Second Language (ESL), as well as daytime and evening Citizenship classes. The Adult Basic Skills Program is funded by State and Federal grants through the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development and is provided as a community service by the East Brunswick Board of Education.
2022/2023 ADULT SCHOOL REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Registration for our Adult ESL, Citizenship, and HSE programs for the 2022/2023 school year will be open in July. Visit this webpage in July to view the latest registration information.
Important information to know before you register for our Adult ESL, Citizenship, and HSE programs:
- You must complete your registration online once it opens in July. There will be no in-person registration.
- Each student must register with their own email address.
- After you register, you will be contacted by email to schedule your in-person entrance exam, which will be in August.
- For ESL/Citizenship, the entrance exam will be no longer than 1 hour to complete.
- For HSE, the entrance exam has multiple sections to complete. You may need two nights to complete the exam.
- If you have not been contacted by August 8th to schedule the test, please check your junk mail/spam folder. You may also contact our office to schedule the test at 732-613-6984.
- You must have excellent attendance to participate and stay in the program.
- Our program runs from September through May. Classes will be held in the evenings on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. We may have a hybrid schedule of two classes in-person and one virtual class per week. The schedule is subject to change.
- There is no fee for our program but excellent attendance and participation is required.
Community Programs is available to answer your questions by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, clicking on the link below or by phone at 732-613-6989.