Department of Academics | Meeting the Needs of ALL Learners
Assessment and Testing
Dr. Trudy A. Atkins
Director of Professional Learning, Evaluation and Assessment
The objectives of the asssessment program is to measure individual growth of students, to compare growth of individuals and groups, to assist with individualizing instruction to help identify individual group strengths and weaknesses and to help students plan for their future educational and vocational goals. National and local comparisons are used for reporting test scores. With the information they provide, it is possible to determine the performance of East Brunswick students in relation to other students in the district as well as in relation to students throughout the nation.
Update as of 4/12/2021 - Spring 2021 NJSLA Testing has been Canceled
The United States Department of Education (USED) responded to the New Jersey Department of Education’s (NJDOE) assessment waiver request on April 6, 2021. In that response, USED determined, due to the impact of COVID-19, the Start Strong assessments in English language arts (ELA), math, and science may serve as New Jersey’s required general assessments for the 2020-2021 school year, thus negating the need for a waiver of statewide assessments. Therefore, the spring 2021 New Jersey Student Learning Assessments (NJSLA) administration will be canceled and the Start Strong assessments in ELA, math, and science will be administered in fall 2021. Please see this memo dated 4/14/2021 for more information.
Note: The Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM) Alternate Assessment and the ACCESS for ELLs Assessment for English Language Learners have NOT been cancelled and will proceed as scheduled.
New Jersey Student Learning Assessment - Math and ELA (NJSLA-ELA, NJSLA-M)
- NJSLA Resources for Parents
- New Jersey Student Learning Assessment Resources Center
- Practice Tests for NJSLA-ELA and NJSLA-M
- Accessibility Features and Accommodations Manual, 7th Edition (.PDF)
- Score Interpretation Guide
- NJDOE Online Video NJSLA Score Report Portal for Parents
- NJDOE Online Video NJSLA Score Report Portal USER GUIDE (.pdf)
New Jersey Student Learning Assessment - Science (NJSLA-S)
Dynamic Learning Maps (DLM)
College Board PSAT/NMSQT
NJDOE Assessment Graduation Requirements
Student Assessment and Achievement - Annual Presentation to the East Brunswick Board of Education
- 2017-2018 Assessment Presentation to the Board of Education, Meeting Date: September 27th, 2018 (.pptx)
- 2018-2019 Assessment Presentation to the Board of Education, Meeting Date: September 26, 2019 (.pptx)
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the NJSLA test administration was suspended during the 2019-2020 school year