I completed my Bachelor of Music in Music Education (1998) and Master of Music
in Music Education with distinction (2006) from Westminster Choir College of Rider University.
I also completed my Kodaly Level I training at Westminster Choir College.
Related Teaching Experience:
Prior to teaching at Irwin, I taught General/Vocal Music and Chorus in the
Bridgewater-Raritan School District. In addition to my public school teaching,
I taught privately and directed children's choirs at Lamington Presbyterian Church
(Bedminster, NJ) and the Westminster Conservatory of Music in Princeton, NJ for
I love to sing, and in my spare time, I love to travel. I've been to the United Kingdom,
Channel Islands, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands,
Spain, The Canary Islands, Brazil, Argentina, and Canada as well as much of the
United States. While traveling, I enjoy a balance of visiting big cities and small towns.
I enjoy visiting National Parks, too. I love the excitement of experiencing new cultures
through my interactions with locals, visiting art museums, concerts, tasting new foods,
sight-seeing, and people-watching. I love to read and spend time with my husband,
Shahriar, my 6 1/2 year old daughter, Sophie, who is starting 1st Grade this year.
I love spending time with extended family and friends as often as I can!
What are some songs that I might find on Ms. Moore's ipod?
To give you a sneak preview of what I like to listen to in my spare time, here
is a sample of 25 songs you would hear on my ipod playlist.... These songs will
change over time, so please stay tuned!
1. Gimme Shelter performed by the Rolling Stones
2. Sing a Song performed by Earth, Wind, and Fire
3. Adagio for Strings, Op. 11 performed by the New York Philharmonic and
4. Hallelujah performed by Jeff Buckley
5. Boogie Shoes performed by KC and the Sunshine Band
6. Carnalismo performed by Tribalistas
7. Signed, Sealed, Delivered (I'm Yours) performed by Stevie Wonder
8. Raspberry Beret performed by Prince
9. Sleep by Eric Whitacre
10. Seteng Sediba performed by the Soweto Gospel Choir
11. Earth Song performed by Michael Jackson
12. In a Sentimental Mood performed by Duke Ellington and John Coltrane
13. Nigeria What? performed by Debruit
14. Somewhere Over the Rainbow performed by Eva Cassidy
15. God Only Knows performed by the Beach Boys
16. Adir Adirim performed by Balkan Beat Box
17. Forever and A Day performed by Jewel
18. In My Life performed by the Beatles
19. I Was Brought to My Senses performed by Sting
20. Golden Slumbers performed by the Beatles
21. Three Little Birds performed by Bob Marley
22. Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8 in C minor, Op. 13 Movement II
23. Let's Dance performed by David Bowie
24. I Hear Music performed by Bobby McFerrin
25. Don't Stop Believin' performed by Journey
It is my mission to nurture and develop your child's academic, social,
emotional, and physical growth and empower them to become musicians.
I believe that music is a vehicle for students to understand themselves
and others through a creative process, where they can develop their creativity
and develop their musicianship. I hold that each child will develop and grow
in an environment grounded in personal experience. Critical thinking and
self-reflection are important skills to develop in order to become successful in life,
and students will engage in a range of activities where they make connections, listen,
observe, practice, question, create, innovate, and reflect using these methods.
It is my goal to provide a classroom-learning environment that is friendly, stimulating,
safe, and comfortable. I want to encourage each child to try new things, work hard,
and take risks. In doing just that, I feel it is my responsibility to create and
facilitate a caring and respectful atmosphere where they can flourish.
I consider myself a life-long learner, and I hope to instill an interest in my students
to want to continue their growth and development beyond my classroom.
I am looking forward to an incredible year making music with the children at Irwin School!