Kindergarten Registration for the 2023-2024 School Year
“Class of 2036”
Attention East Brunswick residents with young children! Children who will be five years of age on or before October 31, 2023 are eligible for the East Brunswick Public School full-day kindergarten program for the 2023-2024 school year.
Incoming Kindergarten students must be registered by June 1, 2023, in order to participate in the June Kindergarten classroom visit and screening.
Please review the directions below. The registration office can be contacted at 732-613-6980 if you have questions.
- Student Registration will NOT take place in person.
- There are no phone/zoom meetings for student registration.
PLEASE NOTE: Student and parent/legal guardian must reside in East Brunswick at the time of registration. (Anticipated new home closings or future leases will not be accepted.)
Two-Step Registration Process - ALL MUST BE COMPLETED FOR EACH STUDENT
Step 1: Pre-Register EACH student
- Enter preliminary information for each child in our online portal by clicking here. DO NOT type information in all capital letters. (Please note that our portal does not support the use of Internet Explorer). Once preliminary information is entered, return to this page and complete step 2 below. Registration will not be processed until hard copies of all documents are received.
Step 2: Compile additional documentation and print registration packets
- Print and complete the correct registration packet using the links below - SINGLE SIDED COPIES ONLY. A registration packet is required for each child you wish to register.
Enrollment packet for 2023-2024 Incoming Kindergarten Students, click here
- Compile all additional required documents (see list below). STUDENTS WILL NOT BE REGISTERED UNTIL ALL DOCUMENTS AND COMPLETED REGISTRATION PACKETS ARE DROPPED OFF AT THE ADMINISTRATION BUILDING which is located at 760 Route 18.
Required Documents for Kindergarten Registration
East Brunswick Proof of Residency Requirements for Registration
- A Deed or current mortgage statement (for homeowners) OR entire current lease (for renters) in the name of parent/guardian.
- A minimum of two different utility bills, currently dated (within 30 days), which include parent/guardian's name and reflect an East Brunswick address are required. (i.e. gas, electric, cable, water/sewer, etc.)
- Confirmation of utility service or printed online statements are acceptable and must be presented at the time of registration. If you have just moved to your East Brunswick home, you have 30 days to provide current utility bills.
- Registrants who do not own or lease their own home but are domiciled with a valid East Brunswick resident must complete a residency form and affidavit to be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent's office. This process must be completed prior to student registration. If you live with an East Brunswick resident, please call 732-613-6751 for information.
Required Student Records for Registration
- Student's birth certificate or other proof of identity must be provided at the time of registration.
- Student's current immunization records must be provided at the time of registration.
- Please note that for any custody issues, legal documentation must be provided.
- A copy of the student's current IEP/504 if applicable.