EBPS Re-entry to school after extended absence (less than one school year)
The Administration Building is NOT open for in-person appointments.
PLEASE NOTE: Student and parent/legal guardian must reside in East Brunswick at the time of re-entry.
- If your child has been absent from school for more than 10 days and removed from the current school year roster, you must make an appointment for re-entry before your student can return to school. Parent or legal guardian must complete re-entry paperwork. All proof of residency documents must be provided in order for the re-entry to take place.
- If your child is returning to East Brunswick Public Schools after an absence greater than 10 days, and has since attended school elsewhere, additional school records must be provided.
East Brunswick Proof of Residency
- A Deed or current mortgage statement (for homeowners) OR entire current lease (for renters) in the name of parent/guardian.
- A minimum of two different utility bills, currently dated, which include parent/guardian's name and reflect an East Brunswick address. (i.e. gas, electric, cable, water/sewer, etc.)
- Confirmation of utility service or printed online statements are acceptable and must be presented at the time of re-entry.
- Registrants who do not own or lease their own home, but are domiciled with a valid East Brunswick resident must complete a residency form and affidavit to be submitted to the Assistant Superintendent's office. This process must be completed prior to student re-entry. Please call 732-613-6751 for information.
Two-Step Re-entry Process
Compile required documents.
- Deed, current mortgage or current lease as explained under 'East Brunswick Proof of Residency' section above
- Two additional proofs of address as explained under 'East Brunswick Proof of Residency' section above.
- Call the District Registration Office 732-613-6980 for further instructions.
- Re-Entry will NOT take place in person.
- There are no phone/zoom meetings for student re-entry. Please keep in mind that in the event of delayed opening, early closing or school cancellation due to inclement weather, the administration building will also be closed. This information will be posted to our website.