Please note food for parties are currently prohibited. The PTA will keep parents notified of changes
Many of our East Brunswick students live with life threatening food allergies. Therefore, when planning school celebrations, it is important that any snacks provided are safe for all learners.
The following is a list of recommended snacks that are very common for the eight elementary schools-wide celebrations (Halloween, Winter, Valentine's and End-of-the-Year).
**Please note that all Chips Ahoy Products as well as peanut free (because they are not tree nut free) mini cupcakes from Shop-Rite have been removed from the Safe Snack Guide.
- Enjoy Life Foods
- Rold Gold/Hertzel Pretzels
- Pre-packaged Fruits and Vegetables (Baby Carrots, Red Apple Slices, Raisins)
- Original Oreos
- 100 % Fruit Ice Pops (Orange, Wild Cherry, Very Very Berry and Sour Apple)
- Teddy Grahams (Honey)
- Animal Crackers (whole grain)
- Scooby Doo Cinnamon Graham Cracker Snacks
- Motts Assorted Fruit/Mixed Berry Gummies
- Fruit Roll-Up Crazy Colors (low sugar)/Fruit Roll-Up Strawberry (low sugar)
- Rice Krispies Treat (whole grain)
- Lays Potato Chips (Classic)
- Baked Lays (Regular, BBQ, Sour Cream & Onion)
- Reduced Fat Doritos (Nacho Cheese, Cool Ranch, Spicey Sweet Chili)
- Reduced Fat Cheetos Puff/ Reduced Fat Cheetos (Crunchy)
- "School Safe" brand peanut and pine nut free cupcakes from Treasure Mills
- Pizza (optional for End- of-the-Year party only)
- Drinks (100% fruit juices, water)
In addition, there are some additional food items that can be purchased through Aramark.
It is very important that ALL food items (including the above) be sent to the office to be checked by the school nurse prior to bringing them to the classroom. Product ingredients can change; therefore, ingredient labels need to be checked by the school nurse EACH time food is coming into the classroom.
This letter refers only to shared foods and snacks that are eaten in the classroom during celebrations. Birthdays will be celebrated with "non-food" items. Some suggestions for recognizing birthdays are stickers, bookmarks, or pencils.
*Invitations for private parties may not be distributed in school.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Supervisor of Student Services