Many of our East Brunswick students live with life threatening food allergies. Therefore, when planning school celebrations, it is important that any snacks provided are safe for all learners. It is very important that ALL food items be sent to the office to be checked by the school nurse prior to bringing them to the classroom. Product ingredients can change; therefore, ingredient labels need to be checked by the school nurse EACH time food is coming into the classroom.
The following is a list of recommended snacks that are very common for the 4, elementary school-wide, celebrations (Halloween, Winter, Valentine's and End-of-the-Year).
- Enjoy Life Foods
- Rold Gold Pretzels
- Pre-packaged Fruits and Vegetables
- Original Oreos
- 100 % Fruit Ice Pops
- Teddy Grahams (Honey)
- Lays Potato Chips (Classic)
- Peanut free mini cupcakes from Shop-Rite (they have a no peanuts symbol on package)
- Pizza (optional for End- of-the-Year party only)
- Drinks (I00% fruit juices, water)
- Some Aramark foods (Click Here For Examples)
**This refers only to shared foods and snacks that are eaten in the classroom during celebrations. Birthdays will be celebrated with "non-food" items. Some suggestions for recognizing birthdays are stickers, bookmarks, or pencils**