- Come to class prepared with all materials.
- Be on time and in your seat by the bell working on the Do Now independently.
- Be respectful to everyone and everything in the classroom.
- Refrain from bringing gum, fragrances, food, or drink (including water) to class.
- Turn in work on time. Make sure it is complete. Late work will be penalized.
- Work should be placed in the bin located in the front of the classroom.
- Be alert and follow all safety rules during lab activities.
- Keep binder up-to-date and check Moodle for online copies of material used in class.
- Keep work neat and thorough.
Materials Required: *needed everyday in class
- Binder specific for science class*
- Writing Utensil (Pens/Pencils with erasers)*
- Loose leaf paper*
- 12 colored pencils
- Metric ruler
- 10 plastic sleeves
- sticky notes
Grading Policy: All work is graded on a point system and weighted as follows:
- Tests and quizzes - 45%
- Classwork/Labs/Projects - 45%
- Homework - 10%
Absences and Missed Work:
- If you miss class, it is your responsibility to pick up work you missed.
- Absent work can be found in class folder in absentee center.
- All work missed due to absence must be made up.
- You must schedule test and quiz make-ups with the teacher within 2 days of the absence. If you do not make up the work, you will receive a zero for the assignment.
- Labs and projects that are late for any reason other than an excused absence will be penalized 10% per day late.
- Any work that was due during absence must be turned in upon return to school.
- The assigned homework is meant to reinforce what the students have learned in class or to prepare them for the next day’s lesson.
- It is important that homework is turned in on time.
- Homework assignments will be accepted late, but with a 10% deduction for each day it is late. IMPORTANT - if the answers to the homework are gone over in class this policy is no longer in effect and late work will not be accepted.
Extra Help: I am happy to provide extra help. See me so that we can schedule a time to meet.
- A textbook will be assigned to your student to keep at home for the year. They will have access to a copy to use in the classroom.
- Grades will be posted online on Parent Access.
- Tests will be returned to students.
- Quarterly assessments will not be returned to students.