What is Naviance?
Naviance is a web-based college and career exploration tool available to all secondary students. You will be using this program throughout your East Brunswick School career.
At Hammarskjold, all sixth grade students will be completing The Learning Style Inventory. The Learning Style Inventory will help you better understand your personal learning style and ways in which you learn best. All seventh grade students will be completing The Career Key. The Career Key will guide you to match your personality traits with potential future career paths.
As you move on to Churchill and the High School, you will continue using Naviance to complete additional tasks that will help you to better plan for your future.
Naviance is a great tool for you and your school counselor to communicate about upcoming events and important school reminders. Your school counselor may also assign you tasks to help you reach your academic goals. Please be sure to check your Naviance account regularly.
How to access Naviance:
- Go to: www.naviance.com
- Click on “Sign In”
- Click on “Students & Families”
- Type in East Brunswick zip code (08816)
- Select school
- Log in to Family Connection
- User ID is your child’s school email address without @ebnet.org and with any number that may follow which appears in student’s school email address (e.g., jsmith or jsmith2)
- Password is your child’s Student ID number (if ID number is five digits, place a “0” before or after the ID number)
How Naviance is Implemented to Support Students’ College and Career Readiness:
HMS - 6th Grade (lessons conducted by School Counselors during Computer Cycle Classes)
- About Me tab: Learning Style Inventory (identify each student’s individual learning style, e.g., auditory, visual, tactile, and/or kinesthetic, and to provide them with study strategies respective to their learning style(s))
HMS - 7th Grade (lessons conducted by School Counselors during Computer Cycle Classes)
- Careers tab: Career Key help students to discover which personality types they are most like, identify the careers that are most promising, and learn detailed information about each one)