CJHS 8th Grade Science Student Responsibilities
- Come to class prepared with all materials.
- Be on time and in your seat by the bell working on the Do Now.
- Cell phones are not allowed in class.
- No gum, candy, food, or drink, including water, allowed in the classroom.
- No fragrances of any kind are allowed in the classroom due to serious allergies.
- Late work is penalized. (see policy below)
- Abide by district computer policies.
- Utilize agenda book to record assignments and for hall passes.
- Follow all safety rules during lab activities.
- Keep notebook up-to-date.
- Work must be neat and legible.
Absences and Missed Work:
- If you miss class, it is YOUR responsibility to find out what work you missed.
- ALL work missed due to absence must be made up.
- You must schedule make-ups with me. If you do not make up the work, you will receive a zero for the assignment. Extra help is available.
- Late work - other than an excused absence - may be handed in up to two days late but will be penalized 20%. Work more than two days late will receive a zero. Exception: If an assignment is reviewed in class or returned prior to the late work being submitted, you will not receive credit for that assignment.
- All work is graded on a point system and weighted as follows: tests and quizzes 45%, class work and lab work 45%, homework 10%.
Reaching Mrs. Donahue: